There are so many reasons to love cacao! From heart opening energetic expansion, to being one of the most nutrient dense superfoods on the planet, cacao is one incredible (and delicious) food and plant medicine.
Spiritual and Energetic Properties
Cacao is best known for its heart opening properties. This refers to the expansive feelings of love, euphoria, and happiness you may get when you drink it. It cracks open even the densest of hearts to allow more love and light to come in.
If you are hiding things from yourself, cacao will allow them to surface.
If you are looking for a more intimate connection with a partner, cacao will open both your hearts so you can connect more deeply with one another. (We recommend drinking it together while sitting face to face, intentionally consuming cacao, and allowing your chakras to energetically connect to one another. Look deep into the other person’s eyes to see into their soul).
Cacao can also act like a truth serum - opening the heart and mind to allow your deepest truths to come up and out, to speak and share them with love, honesty and compassion. If you are a coach or healer, we highly recommend sharing cacao with your clients before their sessions. Not only does it open people up, but it allows their resistance to fall, and they can go deeper into their healing sessions with you.
Cacao enhances creativity, flow, the movement of light, fun energy through your body. It allows more blood flow to the brain, which enhances cognitive function and allows more creative ideas to surface. Try adding cacao to your favorite creative activity - painting, writing - and see how it aids you!
Cacao is also an aphrodisiac, enhancing feelings of bliss and allowing you to connect more deeply with your partner, both physically and emotionally.
Looking to enhance your yoga practice, your intuition, your overall daily wellbeing? Try adding cacao into your daily practices to see how it benefits you!
Join an On-Demand Cacao Ceremony (coming soon)
Nutritional Properties of Cacao
Cacao is incredibly GOOD for you! Not only does it have the amazing spiritual properties listed above, but it’s one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. There’s no guilt about eating this chocolate!
- Heart-Opener: Increases blood flow and stimulates the heart, expanding both the heart and the heart chakra
- Increases Energy Levels: Theobromine, not caffeine. Creates a sense of mellow alertness and energy without the “caffeine crash”
- Enhances Mood and Creativity: Contains serotonin and causes the release of endorphins, dopamine, and oxytocin - neurochemicals that are naturally released when falling in love
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety: Reduces the stress hormone cortisol and contains anandamide, the “bliss molecule,” which calms your mind and body while enhancing your mood and concentration
- Boosts Memory and Concentration: Flavanols in cacao increase blood flow to the brain, improving brain function - better reaction time, visual-spacial awareness, concentration and memory
- Aids in Weight Loss: Boosts your metabolism while reducing sugar, alcohol and hunger cravings
- Boosts Athletic Performance: Increases the production of nitric oxide in the blood, supporting circulation and reducing the amount of oxygen required for exercise, allowing workout intensity to maintain for longer. Also great for high altitudes!
- High in Essential Minerals: Contains high amounts of magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, copper, potassium, manganese and riboflavin
- Anti-inflammatory: Polyphenols and flavanols in cacao can lower markers of inflammation and support the growth of beneficial gut bacteria in the body
- High in Antioxidants: More than 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries! Cacao has the highest flavonoid content by weight of any other food - helping regulate cellular activity and fighting off free radicals
- Increased Immunity: Can strengthen the defenses of your immune system and increase the body's resistance to dis-ease
- Lowers Blood Pressure: The flavanols in cacao may lower blood pressure and improve blood flow while reducing inflammation